RAB - Regional Australia Bank
Regional Australia Bank <www.regionalaustraliabank.com.au> is a regional customer owned bank (one of approximately 20 mutual banks in Australia).
RAB - Review and Briefing on Identity Management and Customer Initiated Data Sharing (2017)
The Regional Australia Bank approached Galexia (as independent IAM and privacy consultants) to consider options, issues and trends surrounding Regional Australia Bank (RAB) providing customers with an enhanced Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform that incorporates Customer Initiated Data Sharing with selected third parties.
This included a consideration of technical standards to API Authorisation (and Authentication) and financial sector APIs.
Galexia reviewed both local and international regulatory and policy landscape, including:
- Financial System Inquiry (The Murray Report), 2015
- New Payment Platform (NPP) 2017-2018
- The NPP includes an optional identity component (or overlay) known as PayID
- Australian Government Digital Transformation Agency (DTA)
- Trusted Digital Identity Framework (2016-2017)
- Australian Government Productivity Commission
- Inquiry on Data Availability and Use (8 May 2017)
- Australian Government Department of Prime Minister & Cabinet (PM&C)
- Parliament of Australia, House of Representatives Standing Committee
- Review of the Four Major Banks (Second Report) (21 April 2017)
- Data 61
- Blockchain Reports (8 June 2017)
- Australian Government Treasury
- Review of Open Banking in Australia (August 2017)
- Australia Post
- Digital iD (2017)
- UK Competition and Market Authority (CMA)