About Us - Galexia News
BSA & Galexia Global Cloud Computing Scorecard 2018 (Galexia Analytics Release) - May 2018
Galexia has released the 2018 Global Cloud Computing Scorecard micro-site. This version, on our website, of the 2018 Cloud Scorecard reflects the final and official version as published on the BSA | Software Alliance Scorecard micro-site with additional embedded analytics and visualisations from Galexia.
The 2018 release of the 4th in this series of ground breaking reports is a great time to take stock and look significant trends and patterns of global improvements over the past 6 years. We have included graphs, analysis and data not previously published.
The 2018 BSA Global Cloud Computing Scorecard ranks the cloud computing readiness of 24 countries that account for 80 percent of the world’s IT markets. Each country is graded on its strengths and weaknesses in seven key policy areas.
The 2018 BSA Global Cloud Computing Scorecard — the newest version of the only global report to rank countries’ preparedness for the adoption and growth of cloud computing services — features an updated methodology to better reflect cloud computing’s exponential growth over the past five years, putting additional emphasis on policy areas, including privacy laws, cybersecurity laws, and broadband infrastructure. Most countries continue to make improvements, the study finds, but some markets are falling further behind.
By examining the legal and regulatory framework of 24 countries, the Scorecard aims to provide a platform for discussion between policymakers and cloud service providers. This dialogue can help develop an internationally harmonized regime of laws and regulations that facilitate cloud computing.
Or browse by section...
- Title page - start at the beginning
- 1. Overview
- 2. The 2018 Scorecard - Scores and Rankings
- 3. Executive Summary and Overall Findings (from the BSA Report)
- 4. BSA Cloud Policy Blueprint
- 5. Key Findings Across Themes (from the BSA Report)
- 6. Country Checklist on a page
- 7. Country Summaries (including historic scores and ranks)
- 2018 Rank 1. Germany - Score: 83.95 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +2
- 2018 Rank 2. Japan - Score: 82.09 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 3. United States - Score: 82.04 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 4. United Kingdom - Score: 81.84 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +5
- 2018 Rank 5. Australia - Score: 80.61 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +1
- 2018 Rank 6. Singapore - Score: 80.21 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +1
- 2018 Rank 7. Canada - Score: 79.98 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -3
- 2018 Rank 8. France - Score: 79.57 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -3
- 2018 Rank 9. Italy - Score: 79.02 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 10. Spain - Score: 78.37 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +1
- 2018 Rank 11. Poland - Score: 76.99 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 12. Korea - Score: 72.2 | Change from 2016 - Rank: same
- 2018 Rank 13. Mexico - Score: 60.61 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +2
- 2018 Rank 14. Malaysia - Score: 59.26 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 15. South Africa - Score: 57.33 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 16. Turkey - Score: 54.3 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +3
- 2018 Rank 17. Argentina - Score: 51.75 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -1
- 2018 Rank 18. Brazil - Score: 50.27 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +4
- 2018 Rank 19. Thailand - Score: 48.4 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +2
- 2018 Rank 20. India - Score: 48.39 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -2
- 2018 Rank 21. Russia - Score: 44.99 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -4
- 2018 Rank 22. China - Score: 43.71 | Change from 2016 - Rank: +1
- 2018 Rank 23. Indonesia - Score: 40.67 | Change from 2016 - Rank: -3
- 2018 Rank 24. Vietnam - Score: 36.36 | Change from 2016 - Rank: same
- 8. Themes and Criteria (updated for the 2018 Scorecard)
- 9. Scoring Methodology (updated for the 2018 Scorecard)
- 10. External links (all BSA scorecards and dashboards developed by Galexia)
Galexia has been working with The Software Alliance (BSA) since 2009 and has assisted in the development of an extensive body of cloud research, thought leadership and first to market analysis on key cloud issues.
Galexia has worked extensively with the Singapore, Washington and Brussels BSA offices and has engaged with BSA stakeholders in more than 20 countries.
BSA | The Software Alliance (http://www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 60 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
Galexia (http://www.galexia.com) is at the forefront of international research and advice in the areas of privacy, identity, cybersecurity and cloud — with a particular focus on global and cross-border legal and regulatory issues. The firm advises national governments, regional and global organizations (ASEAN and the United Nations), and the private sector (particularly ICT, health and financial services). The firm has expertise in the policy complexities that arise for countries and business addressing cross-border issues. Galexia publishes world-leading research publications, including the regular Cloud Scorecards, Cybersecurity Dashboards and reports on identity management, authentication, privacy and cyberlaws. The firm has specialist expertise in data governance, particularly the development and implementation of identity and authentication management systems, Privacy Impact Assessments and Cybersecurity strategies.
Galexia works closely with a range of international business and government clients to produce clear and effective outcomes from evidence-based research. The firm uses collaborative cloud-based reporting tools to provide real-time access to our research and analysis.