About Us - Galexia News
Austroads publishes the first Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) on data messages for connected cars in Australia - March 2017
Austroads has released a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) developed by Galexia on the hot topic of smart roads and driverless cars.
Galexia provided independent privacy advice on the data messages that be wirelessly broadcast and received by vehicles and roadside units in the deployment of Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) in Australia. This is a vital part of the infrastructure required to enable automated or 'driverless' car technology to be deployed safely. Read more »
The PIA considered compliance with privacy and security legislation, standards and international developments in this fast moving sector.
- Title: Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) for Cooperative Intelligent Transport System (C-ITS) data messages
- Abstract: This document provides a high level Privacy Impact Assessment for the Cooperative Intelligent Transport System (C-ITS) data messaging system.
- Keywords: Cooperative Intelligent Transport System, C-ITS, privacy, personal information, cooperative awareness message, de-centralised event notification message, legislation
- Austroads Project No. NT1785?
- Austroads Publication No. AP-C100-17?
- Publication date: March 2017 (Prepared August 2016) Pages 46
- Copyright: Austroads and Galexia 2017
- Download: <https://austroads.com.au/publications/traffic-management/ap-c100-17>
Galexia has a long history of providing advice on privacy issues related to driver and vehicle licensing and transport platforms. Galexia continues to provide independent privacy advice on a range of new and innovative technologies.
Austroads is the peak organisation of Australasian road transport and traffic agencies. Read more about Galexia’s work with Austroads »