About Us - Galexia News
Galexia Director speaking at Privacy Law and Business Conference in Cambridge (UK) - 7 July 2015
Galexia Director Chris Connolly will deliver a special presentation at the Privacy Laws and Business Conference at Cambridge University on July 7.
The presentation will mark the fifteenth anniversary of the launch of the EU-US Safe Harbor, and is titled: 'The Safe Harbor at Fifteen' - A brief history of enforcement and reform.
- A brief history of the establishment of the Safe Harbor, its role, purpose and structure.
- An overview of the five public reviews of the Safe Harbor that have been conducted
- An issue by issue analysis of Safe Harbor enforcement, including:
- The notice and consent cases ?
- False claims of current Safe Harbor membership
- Safe Harbor fraud
- Expensive dispute resolution providers and threats against complainants
- Fine print exclusions
- Conflicts of interest
- A brief discussion of structural and cultural differences (and similarities) between the EU and US approach to privacy
- The role of the Safe Harbor in the national security surveillance debate
- The future of the Safe Harbor, and lessons learned.
The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion including Commissioner Julie Brill (US Federal Trade Commission) and Bruno Gencarelli (Head of Data Protection at the European Commission Directorate General for Justice).
More details are available at: <http://www.privacylaws.com/annual_conference>