About Us - Galexia News
Galexia presenting at CPDP2017 (The Age of Intelligent Machines) Computers, Privacy & Data Protection 10th International Conference, Brussels - 25 January 2017
Galexia Director Chris Connolly will be presenting at CDPD2017 - The Age of the Intelligent Machine at the 10th International Computers, Privacy & Data Protection (CPDP) International Conference in Brussels on 25 January 2017.
CPDP (now in its 10th year) is one of the largest gatherings of privacy experts in the world. More information about the conference is available at: <http://www.cpdpconferences.org>
Chris will be speaking on the topic of international data transfers as part of an expert panel considering Legal challenges to the international transfer of data: Privacy Shield and standard contractual clauses (SCCs):
- Chair: Bruno Gencarelli, DG JUST (EU)
- Moderator: Guido Lobrano, Business Europe (EU)
- Thomas Boué, BSA (US)
- Chris Connolly, Galexia (International)
- Fanny Hidvegi, AccessNow (International)
- Christopher Kuner, Brussels Privacy Hub (BE)
- Theme: The panel will focus on the recent legal challenges to data transfers from Europe to the rest of the world: from the Schrems II case on the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to the recent formal complaints against Privacy Shield seeking to annul the European Commission implementing decision, and what these could entail for global data transfer mechanisms. After a brief explanation of the various challenges and the transfer tools put into question, we will focus on the implications that these challenges may have if they were to succeed. This panel will allow for a timely and very topical discussion on a series of ongoing legal developments that may have a profound impact on the future of the Europe and its economy.
The Panel will ask:
- What is at stake with regard to the legal challenges to data transfers from Europe today??
- Why is Privacy Shield qualitatively different from Safe Harbor??
- Are Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) and Privacy Shield comparable??
- If both the use of SCCs and Privacy Shield are annulled, what then??
More information about this stream: <http://www.cpdpconferences.org/25012017/cave.html>
The Panel is organised by BSA | The Software Alliance. Read more about Galexia’s work with BSA »
More information about the conference is available at: <http://www.cpdpconferences.org>