About Us - Galexia News
Galexia invited to provide evidence to the European Parliament LIBE Inquiry on Electronic Mass Surveillance of EU Citizens - 7 October 2013
Galexia Director, Chris Connolly, has been asked to appear before a European Parliament inquiry to discuss the impact of the NSA / PRISM revelations on the privacy of European citizens when their data is transferred to the United States.
The Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (the LIBE Committee) is holding an inquiry on electronic mass surveillance of EU citizens, and Chris will appear before the Committee in Strasbourg on Monday October 7. Chris's task will be to comment on the effectiveness of the US Safe Harbor Privacy Framework, a topic that Galexia has covered in several previous research papers, articles and speeches.
Other speakers at the Hearing include:
- Viviane Reding, the Vice President of the European Commission,
- Peter Hustinx, the European Data Protection Supervisor, and
- Isabelle Falque-Pierrotin, the President of the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
Related (external) links
- The inquiry hearings will be broadcast live from http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/libe/home.html
- Download the program (PDF)
- Download the poster (JPG)