About Us - Galexia News
Government releases draft National Consumer Credit Reform Package - 28 April 2009
The Australian Commonwealth government has released a package of draft legislation for National Consumer Credit Reform, aimed at strengthening and consolidating Australia’s consumer credit laws.
Specific reforms include:
- Registration and licensing of credit organisations (including the introduction of an Australian Credit License);
- Responsible lending practices;
- Sanctions and remedies (to be administered by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission); and
- Reforms of dispute resolution and court mechanisms.
Galexia has worked closely with both industry and consumer groups on credit and consumer issues:
- Review of the proposed Credit Reporting Code of Conduct »
- Credit Reporting Framework - Submission to Australian Law Reform Commission Discussion Paper 72 »
- Consumer Protection in Telecommunications »