BSA & Galexia Global Coud Computing Scorecard (2018) - Galexia Analytics Release
- 1. Overview
- 2. The 2018 Scorecard - Scores and Rankings
- 3. Executive Summary and Overall Findings (from the BSA Report)
- 4. BSA Cloud Policy Blueprint
- 5. Key Findings Across Themes (from the BSA Report)
- 6. Country Checklist on a page
- 7. Country Summaries (including historic scores and ranks)
- 8. Themes and Criteria (updated for the 2018 Scorecard)
- 9. Scoring Methodology (updated for the 2018 Scorecard)
- 10. External links (view all BSA scorecards and dashboards developed by Galexia)
The 2018 BSA Global Cloud Computing Scorecard ranks the cloud computing readiness of 24 countries that account for 80 percent of the world’s IT markets. Each country is graded on its strengths and weaknesses in seven key policy areas.
The 2018 BSA Global Cloud Computing Scorecard — the newest version of the only global report to rank countries’ preparedness for the adoption and growth of cloud computing services — features an updated methodology to better reflect cloud computing’s exponential growth over the past five years, putting additional emphasis on policy areas, including privacy laws, cybersecurity laws, and broadband infrastructure. Most countries continue to make improvements, the study finds, but some markets are falling further behind.
By examining the legal and regulatory framework of 24 countries, the Scorecard aims to provide a platform for discussion between policymakers and cloud service providers. This dialogue can help develop an internationally harmonized regime of laws and regulations that facilitate cloud computing.