About Us - Directors and Associates
Peter van Dijk - BSc LLB - Managing Director
Peter van Dijk is a founding director of Galexia and engagement director/lead consultant for large projects. Peter provides strategic and technical input to Galexia projects on international ICT trends, security, cloud infrastructure, identity management, smart cards, digital certificates, biometrics and electronic authentication.
Peter has academic qualifications in Law and Computer Science and has lectured at undergraduate and postgraduate levels about electronic legal research, advanced legal research, electronic legal applications, digital certificates and Internet law. Peter was also one of the original architects of AustLII, one of the world’s largest online legal resources. Peter was founding co-editor of the Internet Law Bulletin in Australia.
In the past 15 years Peter has been involved in many hundreds of key strategic meetings with government officials, the ASEAN Secretariat, private sector representatives and industry officials in relation to e-commerce law, privacy, cybersecurity, cloud, identity, trust, e-government, cross border trade, research, training and strategic advice in the region. He also led a delegation to present to the senior negotiators of the Australia-New Zealand-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement.
Peter takes a core strategic and oversight role and has led all Galexia advisory projects. With both a technology and legal background and 20 years of industry experience Peter has a significant C-Level skill set covering major IT initiatives and projects, including:
- Leading the Galexia team in the development of a first-of-its-kind Global Cloud Computing Scorecard - ranking 24 countries accounting for 80 percent of the global ICT market
- Leading the Galexia team to assist ASEAN in the development of a harmonised legal infrastructure for electronic commerce;
- Advising the Australian Government Information management Office on legal and technical issues arising in the use of digital signature certificates in the health sector, including the provision of detailed analysis on the use of authentication technologies by the Health Insurance Commission (HIC) and the Health eSignature Authority (HeSA);
- the Galexia team researching International CyberSecurity Awareness Raising and Educational Initiatives for the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA);
- Providing cyberlaws analysis to the Australian and Malaysian Governments;
- Regional Compliance and Cross-Border Data transfer advice to Fidelity International;
- Engagement director for Galexia’s contribution to the Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing project on the National Health Identifier;
- Leading the Galexia team developing a strategy, technical evaluation methodology, vendor review and roadmap for IAM (Identity and Access Management) Strategy a major financial institution (2009) and infrastructure operator (2011/12);
- Leading the Galexia team providing advice to the Singapore Government National Authentication Framework (NAF). Galexia’s work (in a consortium) included the proposal of a model to deploy the NAF, and the development of Governance and Regulatory requirements.