About Us - Galexia News
Enhanced data security and customer understanding through identity and access management - March 2004
Galexia lead a workshop on Building privacy into identity management solutions.
This workshop covered how to ensure that privacy compliance and privacy expectations are managed within an identity management strategy, including an overview of Federated Identity solutions.
Part 1 - Recognising the importance of privacy issues within identity management strategies
- Overview of the relevant legal requirements;
- Current privacy expectations in the community;
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA); and
- Benefits of building privacy into the strategy from the outset.
Part 2 - Privacy design issues in identity management
- Overview of the Privacy Management Lifecycle
- Developing Privacy Management Strategies;
- Exploring Federated Identity;
- Adopting appropriate industry standards - Liberty Alliance / WS-Federation;
- Technical Q & A on network identity; and
- Considering alternative identity structures - e.g. brokered identity.
The workshop included three detailed case studies:
- Whole of sector electronic authentication strategy for the Australian Vocational Education and Training sector;
- Liberty Alliance or WS-Federation - emerging standards for Federated Identity; and
- Reach - Ireland’s brokered identity solution.
Galexia continues to conduct research on distributed identity systems. Read more »
Go to the IQPC identity management conference website »
Read more about the IQPC project »