About Us - Galexia News
Third ASEAN E-Commerce harmonisation workshop in Cambodia - February 2005
Following on from the success of the previous workshops for the ‘Harmonisation of Legal Infrastructure for E-Commerce in ASEAN’ project in 2004, Galexia hosted a third workshop in Siem Reap, Cambodia in February 2005. The workshop brought together high-level representatives from ASEAN member countries to discuss options for harmonisation and many other important aspects of the Project, including:
- Developments since the E-Commerce Project Bangkok Workshop (W2). For example, reaffirmation at the Vientiane ASEAN Summit of e-ASEAN as a priority sector and developments with the UNCITRAL Draft Convention on Electronic Contracting;
- Update on developments in ASEAN member countries since the Bangkok Workshop;
- Consideration of options for a harmonised e-commerce legal infrastructure;
- The technical recommendation of the E-Commerce Project Participants on a preferred option for harmonisation; and
- Discussion and confirmation of steps required to achieve consensus on a preferred option in ASEAN.
- Welcome Dinner with Cultural Entertainment
Delegates who attended the Project Workshop were invited to attend a Welcome Dinner with Cultural Entertainment hosted by Galexia. This dinner and cultural entertainment (Cambodian classical dancing) was held at a prominent Siem Reap hotel. The event was enjoyed by all and was a successful networking and team-bonding event.
- Tour of Angkor Wat Temple Complex
Delegates who attended the Project Workshop were also invited to attend a half-day tour of the Angkor Wat Temple complex. Delegates participated in guided tours of the Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom temples. The event provided more successful networking and team building opportunities.